City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
April 21, 2014 at 5:30 p.m.
Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
1. Approve April 7th, 2014 Council Meeting Minutes.
2. Approve March 2014 Financial Reports for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
3. Approve and authorize April 2014 vendor invoices for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
4. For council consideration and approval:
- Request by Carmi Summer Recreational League and First Bank to name boy’s Bronco field at Bradshaw Park to “First Bank Field.”
- Mr. John Acree of Lamac Engineering will address Council seeking authorization and providing cost estimates to advertise for bids for Roser Drive water line extension and Commercial Avenue water and sewer extension to make the eleven (11) acres available for development.
- Re-appointment of Nancy J. Winter as Trustee on the Police Pension Fund Board for a two (2) year term effective 5-1-14 to 4-30-16.
- Ordinance No. 1476, an ordinance authorizing the sale of a 2007 Ford Crown Victoria Police Cruiser without advertising the sale to Village of Norris City, Illinois Police Department
- Discussion and approval of contractor bids for mowing and maintenance of city property.
5. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard
6. Reports from Standing Committees.
7. Business or comments from visitors.
8. Closed session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.
Jeff Pollard, Mayor