City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
May 19, 2015 at 5:30 p.m.
- Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Approve May 5th, 2015 Council Meeting Minutes.
- Approve April 2015 Financial Reports for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
- Approve and authorize May 2015 vendor invoices for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
- For council consideration, discussion and possible approval:
- Re-appointment of Keith Hoskins as Trustee on the Police Pension Fund Board for a two (2) year term effective 6-1-15 to 5-31-17.
- Resolution to appropriate $155,000 of Motor Fuel Tax funds for the reconstruction of Burrell Street
- Mrs. Dee Blazier of Stewart Street Baptist Church requesting to close a portion of Hillsdale Drive from Stewart Street to Smith Street on Saturday, July 11, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for vacation bible school signup.
- The Carmi Library requesting to close Slocumb Street from Main Street to Robinson Street on Sunday, June 28, 2015 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for their 100th birthday celebration.
- Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard
- Reports from Standing Committees.
- Business or comments from visitors.
- Closed Session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.
Jeff Pollard, Mayor