City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
December 15, 2015 at 5:30 p.m.
1 Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2 Roll Call.
3 Approve December 1st, 2015 Council Meeting Minutes.
4 Approve November 2015 Financial Reports for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
5 Approve and authorize December 2015 vendor invoices for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
6 For council consideration, discussion and possible approval:
- Reappointment of Robert Duckworth to the Police Commission for a three (3) year term effective January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2018.
- The Police Department Committee will ask council to approve the purchase of a new police vehicle for use by the Police Department with the purchase being made utilizing the state bid process.
- The Street & Alley Department Committee requesting approval to seek bids for a new or used (with full warranty) Mini Track Hoe.
- Roof bid for the Carmi Water Barn from Tie-On Roofing.
- Renewal of risk management insurance for the City of Carmi for the period of January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016 from Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc.
- Resolution 12.15.15, authorizing the Execution of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the City of Carmi and the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency prohibiting the use of groundwater as a Potable Water Supply by the installation or use of Potable Water Supply Wells or by any other method.
- Ordinance No. 1495, authorizing loan agreement with Public Water Supply Loan Program for replacement of the High Service Pump Station at the water wells and the Blue Goose Pump Station.
7 Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard
8 Reports from Standing Committees.
9 Business or comments from visitors.
10 Closed Session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.
Jeff Pollard, Mayor